Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 14 - Tuesday, July 21st

Left for the airport early in the morning for the airport to catch the 11:40am flight home. It's a 12 hour flight on the return and I'm stuck with a middle seat. At least one of the people next to me is one of my teammates, so if I need to snuggle, it won't be so awkward. We have about 6 of us on this flight home and there are athletes from some other sports, so it's easy to get up and walk around and find people to talk to to pass the time.

It was nice to return home. What a surprise, it was raining. Although after being in the blazing sun for 2 weeks, a little cloud cover and rain felt good. As I think back about the trip, I want to thank all the guys for continuing to make the Maccabiah Games a special experience. Sure, playing soccer every day, travel to foreign locales, pretending to be a “real” athlete for 2 weeks is all great. But making new teammates and friends and getting reacquainted with the old ones is what it’s all about.




Thanks to my wife for letting me participate in this experience yet again. I have the best wife in the world!


Now, about those Games in Brazil in 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment